Mobile Banking App Step 2
Step 2 - Activating your mobile device
At this point, you should have your Activation Code in hand. If not, please see Part 1 of this article.
The following screenshots are taken from an Apple iPhone; however, the process is much the same on all of our supported devices.
1. Within a few minutes of getting your Activation Code on your computer, you should receive a text message / SMS on your phone. If you elected to enroll in Text Banking in addition to Mobile Banking, then you'll get a text message / SMS similar to the following screenshot. Reply to this text message / SMS with the activation code you obtained earlier. If you elected NOT to enroll in Text Banking, you can skip to Step 2.
2. If you elected to enroll in Text Banking, you'll receive 2 text messages within a few minutes. The first will let you know that Text Banking is now active. The second text message will contain the link needed to download the Mobile Banking App for your supported device. If you only enrolled in Mobile Banking, then you'll only receive one message - containting the link to download the Mobile Banking App for your supported device. No matter which option you chose, you'll need to open the link contained in the text message to download the Mobile Banking App:
3. Once you've opened the link from the previous step, you'll be directed to a web-page to download the Mobile Banking App. Click the link that says "Download the WesBanco Mobile Application":
4. The next webpage will detect what mobile operating system your supported device is running, and create an approriate Download link for that platform. Click "Download":
5. The next few steps are device-specific. The following screenshots show the process on an iPhone. If you are using a different supported device, then you'd need to follow whatever process you'd typically do to install a 3rd party application. On an iPhone, click Free, then Install:
6. On an iPhone, you'll be prompted to enter your "Apple ID Password":
7. At this point, no matter what mobile operating system you are running, you should have the Mobile Banking App installed. Let's go ahead and start it. On the iPhone, it looks something like this:
8. When you start the Mobile Banking App for the first time, you'll be asked if you have a Activation Code. Since we already got one in the previous step, click "I Have One":
9. On the following screen, you'll need to enter your Activation Code, your mobile phone number, and finally, press "Activate":
10. Assuming the information you entered was correct, you should receive a message stating "Activation Complete". Click "OK":
11. That's it! At this point, you've completed the one-time enrollment process.
The following screenshot shows how the application will launch after being activated. You'll be prompted for your "Access ID" and "Passcode" - these are identical to the credentials you use to login to Online Banking.
You should now be able to view your account balances, view transation details and transfer funds - all while on the go!