NOTICE: Internet Explorer was retired by Microsoft on June 15th, 2022 and is no longer supported. This could change how you access Online Banking.
WesBanco offers unique mortgage options for homebuyers in all circumstances.
WesBanco Mortgage Solutions offers more than our conventional mortgage loan options, with specialty financing and government lending programs such as VA and FHA loans. Our specialty loans are designed and tailored to fit the unique needs of our customers. Our experienced Mortgage Loan Officers will help you select the loan option that best suits your needs and expectations.Apply Now
Professional's Mortgage Loan Program
This special program has been designed for use by doctors, dentists, attorneys and other professionals who demonstrate a likelihood of ongoing influence and service to their communities.
- As low as 5% down payment for purchase or construction of a primary residence up to $1.5 million.
- Interest charged only on the outstanding balance during construction
- Available for Construction-to-Permanent loans.
- No Private Mortgage Insurance required.
- Very competitive rates.
- .125% rate discount for automatic payment from a WesBanco checking account.
Veterans Affairs (VA) Loan
VA loan options are available to qualified veterans, active duty, reservists or National Guard.
- Normally, little-to-no down payment is required on a VA loan.
- Fixed- and adjustable-rate payment options are available.
Federal Housing Administration (FHA) Loan
Government loan program that provides for more flexible qualification criteria than that of a conventional loan.
- Down payments as low as 3.5%.
- Seller can assist with up to 6% of purchase price toward buyers/borrowers closing costs.
- FHA loans do not have income limits – maximum loan amount determined by HUD.
USDA Rural Development Loan
The USDA Rural Development Loan is a 100% Government-insured home purchase loan, typically for rural areas however many small communities that lie just outside major metropolitan areas may qualify.
- No down payment required.
- Competitive fixed rates.
- Lower credit scores are allowed.
- Not limited to First-time home buyers.
- Up to 100% of appraised value – plus one-time guarantee fee.
State Bond Programs
State Bond Programs are often referred to as “first-time home buyer” programs.
- Conventional and government programs that are competitively priced with flexible financing terms.
- While all state bond programs/products may not provide for down payment and closing cost assistance, many provide this assistance to qualified borrowers.
- Income and house price limits often apply. You may not need to be a first-time buyer to qualify. In targeted counties, there is no requirement of first-time buyer status.
- First-time buyer status is typically defined as someone who has not owned and occupied a principal residence in the past 36 months.
Educational Resources for First-Time Homebuyers
First-Time Homebuyer Tips
Making the change from renter to homeowner is an exciting time, but it’s also a little overwhelming. Check out our guide for the best tips on prepping your budget, getting pre-qualified and how to choose the right mortgage and lender.
Home Renovation Returns: Maximize ROI on Home Improvement Projects
Updating old features, increasing the square footage, and improving functionality can boost your home’s appraised value.
Housing Budget Breakdown: How Much to Spend
This quick video shares two key rules to consider before you start the mortgage process: 1. How much of your income should go towards a mortgage, and 2. How to break down your budget to qualify for a mortgage.
Find a Location Near You!
WesBanco operates branches and offices in 8 states. Over the past decade, we have built a national reputation as a safe, sound and profitable bank holding company that always strives to do better by its customers.Locations