ATTENTION – Old Line Bank customers, please click here for information about logging into Online Banking for the first time.
Using Your Debit Card Wisely
WesBanco Debit Cards offer a safe, convenient way to pay for your everyday purchases.
Plus, they come with EMV chip-enabled technology and Visa’s Zero Liability Protection.*
Here are some important tips to help keep your debit card information safe:
- Be sure to keep your debit card secure. Keep it in the same place in your wallet so you will know if it is missing immediately.
- Memorize your PIN for your debit card; never write it down. Additionally, choose a PIN that is not traceable to you or easy to decipher.
- When using an ATM, shield your PIN – always assume someone or something might be watching.
- Never give out your debit card number over the phone unless you initiated the call and are sure the recipient of the information is legitimate.
- Be sure to review your transactions and report any unauthorized transactions to WesBanco immediately.
- Time is essential when it comes to reporting a lost or stolen debit card; be sure to contact WesBanco immediately.
Plus, your WesBanco Debit Card offers flexible features and added security:
- Debit Card Alerts — Receive real-time mobile text alerts on debit card activity.
- Mobile Wallets – Add your card to Google Pay, Samsung Pay or Apple Pay and shop at ease by using your phone at the register.
- Visa Checkout – the easier way to pay online! Skip the forms and speed through online checkout everywhere you see the Visa Checkout button.
*Visa cardholders must establish that the transaction is not their responsibility as per all applicable agreements with WesBanco Bank, Inc. Does not apply to ATM transactions and PIN transactions not processed by Visa and/or certain commercial card transactions. Individual provisional credit amounts may be withheld, delayed, limited or rescinded by WesBanco Bank, Inc. based on factors such as gross negligence or fraud, delay in reporting unauthorized use, investigation and verification of claim, and account standing and history. WesBanco Bank, Inc. is a Member FDIC.
Content is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal or financial advice. The views expressed are those of the author.